Tuesday, July 13, 2004

the end of all misfortunes... is it?

1800hrs, I was happily walking out the camp with xinlong. Happy because that would be the last time i walked that route. Xinlong has labelled me the 'SAF suai kia'. now that i'm leaving SAF for good, it should be time that he change his opinion of me.

I told xinlong that after walking past the gate, that would conclude all misfortunes on me. Xinlong shook his head in disbelief. Whatever. Lightning flashed, it started pouring the moment we stepped out of gate, we had another 500m to walk in the open. xinlong shook his head silently.

Okay, perhaps i'm cursed in green. My whole NS life was an administrative error, as Big nose so adequately put it. I didn't have much luck either. There were times i really wonder if i should do anything to change my luck, times when i really hated NS, times when people doubted my actions, times people judged me unfairly.

Contrary to what others may think, my NS was not only about misfortunes and wrong decisions. I do not regret any decision that i've made. When my buddies stayed up late to look for my lost pass, when my officer patted me on the back to acknowledge my hardwork, Others do not see them, but i know. These were blessings in disguise.

So afterall, my NS life wasn't all bad. I loved it and i hated it. Long 2 and a half years... it felt forever. Now it's time to move on.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say, I thought u were the most polite and hardworking recruit/private that I've met since my batch. No other recruit or private ever even bothered to greet me (in fact I was only LCP) at that time. Well, it is good that u've left, the place was a mess, and my leaving last year ensured that the mess is more of a mess. In my opinion you were the best of your batch and thereafter.

from dead old Lizzie the Lizard.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Flying Pushcart said...

Daniel???

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No... hmmm lizzie the lizard doesn't strike a bell? pity pity....but oh well, it has been one year anyway....

6:15 AM  
Blogger Flying Pushcart said...

Ah... lizzie

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh lizzie I don't remember of ahhh Lizzie I remember?
hehe. anyway. good luck in ur Uni life..... take pale face Uncle Chang's advice, its not easy.... but I guess 1st year can't be too bad.... last I checked, Uncle Chang's having a hell of a good time...

Good luck

deceased Lizzie....

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Subaru legacy sports tourer tail light Polk county florida tax offices Large undercounter refrigerator mercedes benz s 500 lwb piston chs3 cigar humidor humidifier eibach pro-kit springs for ford windstar http://www.chair7.info/Gmc-dealer-pontiac.html Free software for spyware Speaker cabinets manufacturer residential humidifier fax number lookup Hikining convertible pants Xanax info valium vs Craps flash games

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home