Sunday, July 04, 2004

movies

Watching movie was a real joy. It was a train ticket to a new world, a world of mythologies, actions, emotions, sci fi, and things beyond imagination. The fantasies we never get to live in real, but on the cinema seats. It was a moment of escapism, a moment without the officers yelling, without thick textbooks. It was fantastic, but not anymore.

I remember a few good titles, sixth sense, spiderman, xmen, a beautiful mind, shrek,LOTR etc. I watched these movies when i was very much younger, and i was brought on a journey of intense emotions, laughing crazily, feeling angry, being very nervous...etc (no crying). Those were the days i know i could rely on a good movie to brighten my day.

Just wondering why movie watching doesn't have such effect on me anymore.

The recent titles, spiderman2, shrek2, harry potter3, lord of ring3 blah blah blah. All sequels of my fav... and i'll say they're even better than the first, wasn't very entertaining (to myself that is, my friends love them). Are movies not refreshing anymore?