Monday, January 26, 2009

The post New Year Effect

In the past, new year brings new resolutions. Somehow I'll feel super motivated for a few days or even a few weeks in some lucky years. This year, however, i'm just going to miss waking up late.

It's probably due to the 4 days of detachment from work. My dream yesterday was about my customer tearing up a proposal which I spent many nights working on. First nightmare of the year.

Speaking of nightmares, i seldom get those. My subconscious has a strong defence mechanism that will transform me into something stronger or uglier than the monsters chasing me. So every dream about frightening monsters will end up with me as the monster slaying hero, provided the alarm clock don't interrupt me.

So this year, I'm not expecting lots of nightmares too.

Every year, I try to feed myself with some motivations. This year, it'll be the addidas sundown marathon. To be more precise, my motivation is the finisher tee..... This will mean I'll need to improve my usual route of 2km to a 42km one in 4 months time. Hopefully, this initiative will get me up to speed.

Work wise, I've decided I want to be adventurous afterall. 2009 isn't so optimistic but it is going to be a great year to learn. I want to work harder and learn faster. I need to be more decisive at work and I need to make good decisions. i need to get more prepared for situations and seriously, I'm thinking how I can make more time for work without affecting my personal life. Something to ponder.

Some exciting thoughts on finance management as well. This year there're so many cheap stocks that I just can't bear to spend the money on a new LCD TV or a wii. instead of spending time in a shopping centre, I'm now window shopping for good stocks. Defintely want to gather a basket of good stocks by June. 2009 will be my foundation building year.

hobbies... I'm currently contented with learning ballroom dancing, blading and frisby. I suck at dancing, but that's no reason to give up halfway. Maybe someday it'll be like blading. I keep falling till one day, i can glide!!!

Ok... I don't know where this is going anymore so i'll stop here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home