Thursday, July 01, 2010

Credit Card Optimization

One of the woes in recent times is the handling of credit cards. Recently, I lost track of the amount I have to pay for each card and what they are being used for. It used to be much simpler when I was using only 1 card.

To make things worse, the expenses used for work related stuffs are often mixed up with my personal expenditures. The time spent on tracking the transactions each month is so much that most of the time, I simply ignore the bill and pay whatever I feel like paying.

This has got me to decide on the following

1) Use only one card for personal expenditure, probably the Manhattan card. This is the card with the greatest cash back reward. Forget all the other cards with different vendors discount as they are just not worth the time to save on that 50cents to 5 dollars for each transaction.

2) Use only one card for work related expenditure, preferably one with good overseas coverage and benefits. This should not be mixed with my personal expenditure.

3) Sign up for the RBS card that offers money withdrawal overseas at no extra charge. This is only for emergency situations.

I’m just going to leave the rest of the cards to collect dust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home