Sunday, July 11, 2010

Project Mini Retirement

A lot of people have been talking to me about retirement planning and I have figured that it means living the ideal state of life, which in fact suggests that the current lifestyle that most people are living is not ideal.

I share the sentiment. What I do on a daily basis and what I like to do on a daily basis have become more and more distant. The difference is that the things I like to do cannot wait 50 years later when I can finally "retire" from the current lifestyle.

Like for example, I like to go for a morning jog at the beach every morning when the sun is nice and warm. And I think if I have to wait 50 years for that, it will never happen.

So I took a week's leave and tried to sample retirement. It is a wonderful feeling because apart from doing the things I like, I am also working remotely to get the work done. It got me thinking because if I am stuck in the corporate world, I will be forever expected to work at least 9-5 (but nobody really works 9-5). So it feels really good to be in charge of my own working hours for once.

Did the morning jogs do me good? It did! I was able to enjoy the sun and I think the burning of calories is finally faster than the intake. If only I can maintain this lifestyle!

I also joined in the gatherings of some friends, network with a few people, meet up old friends of whom I have not managed to meet for a long time.

Now for the rest of the week, i'm going to think how it's possible to "retire" now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home