Sunday, December 26, 2004

My Christmas curse

I'm not a superstitious person, but the sequencing of misfortunes leads me to believe that i am cursed.

To think of it, it started 3 years ago. I did a silent countdown and quietly wiped the toiletbowl when the clock struck 12. The job wasn't pleasant at all, and the fat supervisor was there to ensure that. It was a Christmas spent in the toilet on an airplane.

Following that year, Christmas has never been pleasant. I was either doing guard duty or squashed by the bangalis. It did not make sense to me cos i haven't been naughty. Finally, it struck me that it was my good nature that cursed me every christmas. I juz couldn't turn away my friends who want to change duties so that they can celebrate christmas.

This year was no exception, although i was determined to enjoy my christmas. I was (still am) in great pain. A pain so terrible that it kept me awake in the night silvering under my blankets. I had to return home early and did my countdown on the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night in pain.

Fortunately, there's always the New year to look forward to. Every new year seems to mark a new chapter in my life journey, always pleasant, always exciting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! http://www.oral-surgery-and-residency.info/kenny-face-lift.html New volvo tcm module antispam donwlouds

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... dwi law office Free streaming video + adult Crystal clear skin care

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home