Thursday, April 27, 2006

plans

The worst of my exams is over. I'm left with 2 more papers which I don't intend to study for. This means I'm on an unofficial 2 weeks break until I commit myself to work on a wheelchair robot that knows how to pick up things on the floor.

I spent the first day of the break sleeping. My only plan for that day was to have a haircut which I did not accomplish. I realised how lazy I am. When I have the freedom, I'll just sleep it away. 18hours of sleep is not enough for me. Whenever I'm awake, I have to resist the beckoning of my bed which I'll fight away with strong determination and always manage to stay off it for at least 15 mins.

Sleeping induces headaches...... really painful ones.

My life is so different from the way I like it to be. I like to wake up every morning at 6am. Go for a jog at the beach until I see the first ray of sunlight. There, I'll sit facing the sea and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Then i'll walk slowly back and get changed. I will then have my breakfast at macdonalds, read the newpapers while I sip my hot tea and get ready for the rest of the day.
In reality... I never wake up before macdonalds change their breakfast to lunch menu and there isn't the rest of the day to talk about.

Hence, I decided that I can no longer leave my life to randomness because it will only mean I'll sleep the entire intersem away. I need to have a plan, something that i will focus on and will keep me from wanting to sleep. I need a solution and I think I've found one...

STUDY!!!!

I'm just kidding. I am planning to do greater things like

1) Make a board/card game

Do not belittle the power of card games. I have learned from Weihong that card games are more than the brainless Donkey or Uno that we're familiar with. Some of the good card games out there can teleport you to the dragon's cave to slay the dragons. Some of them can bring you to the gate of the citadel to battle the enemy troops. So many fantasies can be realised with just that few pieces of cardboards. I'm going to have my own card game too.

2) Create a story blog

3) STUDY!!!