Monday, May 26, 2008

About the first day

Today is a really fulfilling day and I really wish everyday can be like this. Probably just need to watch how much I'm spending. There's no gap in between, and I had to rush from one event to another so the day past rather quickly. Felt like I've done a lot of things in this little time :)

The morning meeting would probably excite me if it was held half a year ago. 2 working professionals, one professor and a kid. Of course, what i could manage was just to play the supporting role and to give my project a complete closure, which felt quite good. It just occured to me that maybe there were more things we could do for the project to make it commercially viable, though I'm pretty confident it is more than sufficient for academic purposes.

And then there was lunch with Prof Ang, who told me his perspectives on how engineers should hold on to some tangible skills instead of jumping into management. Singapore is becoming a high cost low tech country because its citizens are not technically inclined, but are just shuffling resources around. That was really a good point to consider.

And then WG and I rushed down to deliver the goods.... woohooo.... another business......

At night, when all the work was done, I met up with the makan gang for a buffet dinner. Long time since we had met up for buffet and we coudn't eat as much as we used to. But the company (and the salmon) were very enjoyable.

And there was the long bus ride with Ryan who shed some light about finding a good job...

Really... if i can have such good balance of work, accomplishment, satisfaction, companionship and enjoyment everyday, life would truly be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home