Monday, May 02, 2005

248

I do not know exactly what is wrong with my room. Maybe it is the heat, the decoration, or the mess I've made myself. Maybe it's my PC that is switched on for 24hrs a day, or the blind that has failed its function, or my dark and dirty mattress that seems to be a reservoir of lices and bugs. Maybe it's the ants or cockcroaches that are hidden somewhere behind my table. It makes me irritated, sleepy, and unproductive. In the day, when I need to work, or read, or just relax, my eyelids will feel heavy and i feel a need to lie on the bug infested bed, where sunlight somehow filter through the blinds and heat up my bums so that my thighs become sweaty and I'll be forced to wake, and i'll feel even more tired, to wake with a sticky and sweaty body. I will feel tired in front of the computer, playing games or just surfing the net if not doing work, trying my best to keep away from the bed where all the heat and bugs are accumulated, but at the same time yearning to give in to its calling. Then in the nights, the tiredness goes away and I feel reluctant to sleep. Even if i'd try to, I'll feel itchy all over and imagine that there are bugs all over me, though the heat is no more. Then I'll stay awake again, sitting in front of my computer that is running for 24hrs a day. Some time back, JJ suggested that the lamps contribute to the heat, and we switch them off whenever we can. It does help, even if it's psychological, but only to a small extend. We never get to figure out why our room is the hottest place in the whole hall. We have 2 fans which blow the hot air to us. The occasional rains wet the heat and make it easier to sweat. JJ gets just as irritated and that is why don't see him in hall very often. There's a lizard somewhere which I never actually see before that makes clucking noises at the same time from the same corner everynight for as long as i've moved in. Maybe not from the same lizard because I don't think geckoes have that long a lifespan. JJ and I always joked about the lizard or its descendent but we don't actually find it funny. It gets on our nerves sometimes, when we are finally able to sleep but the lizard brings us back. This room is supposed to be my resting place in school, and i don't regard it as a 2nd home at all. I don't feel so restless everywhere else, and i can't be more glad to move to another room next year. Funny thing is people are fighting so hard for this room. And yes, I've never actually saw the bugs, but i feel they're always there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home