Saturday, March 25, 2006

Time is a strange thing. A week seems painfully long while 3 months fly past without any trace. Not too long ago I found out that my brother would be clearing leave a few weeks before my exams and now I see him happily shaking his legs at home. That means my 4th semester is coming to an end and I haven't prepare anything for my exams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life now is like walking in the maze of Destiny's garden. Never in my life was I offered so many paths to choose from. Being miserably monotonous, I sticked to the dull grey pathway that I had always been taking, ignoring the colourful other paths along the way. The thing is that in this maze the plants are so thick that it is impossible to see where each path leads. People who walk this part of the garden do not choose their destinations, they stumble upon them. The grey road is as good as the other colourful ones. Yet, I walked only on the grey one and found myself very lost. Sometimes, I wonder where the paths I never took extend to.


The dull grey path is known as the path of comfort. There are no thorns on this path as I imagine the other paths to have. The grey path is mostly downhill, so it makes walking easier. Scenery along the path is always the same, but there are new plants or fruits to see once in a while. The path stretched out in a spiral and it is impossible to see the end of the route.

Many times, shiny silver pathways appear along the way, diverting to places that I want to go, namely successes. These paths are straight and long. However I always avoid them because most of them run up a steep slope. The shiny surface makes walking on these paths extremely unbearable.

Red paths appear once in a while. I avoid the red ones more than the shiny ones. Red paths are rumoured to be full of thorns and they lead to extreme places. Some of them lead to depression while some lead to happiness. It bothers me that I have rarely summon enough courage to walk red paths.

The blue paths are like traps along the other coloured paths. These are extremely steep paths that people normally fall and roll along. Once you're on a blue path, it is hard for you to go back to the other paths.

Want to guess the name of the silver, red and blue pathways?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home