Wednesday, February 16, 2005

one more entry before i go home, this may be more suitable to be a vday entry

wondering... how come some people cannot stand to be single.

read a blog..... this person was affected very much by the loving couples he saw on vday, and he felt like he was attacked by a gust of emotion in his dark lonely room that night. wahahaha

I don't mean to laugh. I'm also single, also datelss on vday, no better than him. But instead of feeling sorry for myself, I enjoyed my vday with a dinner with my hallmates and a good game of winning 11 with dunstan. Vday is like any other day to me, the only difference is that you can never find a single vacant seat on the MRT, it's either 2 or none. You won't see people keeping to one side of the escalator as well.

Back to the point. I'm no saint, I understand how much one needs love, care, and affection. I'm very much attracted to the female species as well. But still, I cannot understand why people choose to wallow in self pity.

pathetic you know

There're so many other things to worry about, like the weather nowadays (spore hitting 35degrees.... cannot take nap in the afternoon liao), the government banning mp3 downloads, the power rangers (my childhood idols) becoming stranger than the aliens they used to fight, the tuition fees in unversities....blah blah blah... etc...

Some people are acting as though finding a mate is the sole purpose of their lives. Like being single is an unbalanced state and the way to be balanced again is to be attached quickly, like a single oxygen atom can't exist on its own. No... having a mate will not solve your problems in this case, you won't function better with one, cos u r your own problem. stop feeling pity for yourself.

I'm not saying not to worry at all, but not in such a manner. Everyone wants to find a partner of their choice, but if you don't have one, don't take it as your fault, and don't blame it on fate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home