Wednesday, March 02, 2005

How dreams are altered with respect to time

When I was young, the concept of death and parting was very scary to me. I was so scared that i decided to be a scientist when i grow up. I would be the one to come up with potions that can preserve life eternally.

When i was n primary school, i found my first dream silly. However, I still wanted to be a scientist because scientists seemed to be the only group of people who are advancing with time. While other people are busy learning how to work with past inventions, scientists make new ones to replace the old.

In secondary school, i failed every art examination and became more determined to fulfill my childhood dream.

In JC, i found that my maths and science were not that strong afterall. I managed to scrape through by the skin of my teeth, and i was glad enough..... (JC was a distressing period, no time to think about dreams and aspiration)

After A'levels, I began teaching back in my alma mater. I found teaching job suitable for me and was considering if i should join NIE after A's. Afterall, I feel protected in the academical environment, the outside world seemed to be a scary place full of monsters.

While waiting for the release of my A'levels, I thought about my future again. I found that money should be of utmost importance since it's directly proportional to the degree of happiness (i came up with that eqn). I wanted to sign on in the army since they pay well.

When i was completing my sispec course, I was given a chance to sign on as officer but they didn't offer scholarship. I decided that my freedom is too valuable to be sold. All i longed for was a simple life outside the rigid institution. I felt i could do so much more outside.

Out of boredom, I borrowed junjie's rich dad poor dad. That book inspired me for a while and i decided I want to retire before 35. That dream was a short-lived one as i soon woke from it. That was really dreaming.

When i was enrolled into engineering course, I became hesitant again. I felt i could do better in Economics. I talked to my father but he hinted that he would not be able to afford the expenses if i change my course.

Now, I've decided that i'll get my engineering hnours with a econs minor, work for a few years, and start something on my own. I'm always thinking of opening a fast foood resturant that serves cheap and affordable junk food, so that no one is deprived of oily and greasy unhealthy food in the future. Fast food resturants now are exploiting their customers.