Monday, March 28, 2005

taxi uncles

I always think that taxi drivers are wu lin gao shuo who have seen the years and grew tired of the worldly affairs, else they won't have so much to share.

One i've chatted with was a diver csm. He told great stories of the 42click marathon he runs every year.

"Young man, i tell you. I never believe in stopping. I dare say even at this age i can win many young ppl" Which is true... i can't even complete a 42click run. It is beyond an average person, considering that the average person works in field that is normally not related to running. Who would have think taxi uncles are capable of completing this kind of distance.

The other uncle i chatted with recently could have been a politician, except that he used KNN and CCB, and pointed the international sign to the windscreen. I never knew that taxi drivers have such insights on political and economical issues. I was ashame of myself for not being able to keep up the conversation.

"KNN... What do you think of the new minister huh?" (it sounded more aggressive in hokkien, but i can't type hokkien)
"we have a new minister meh?"
"Wa biang eh... u studying in Uni but u dunno this kinda thing ah???"
"No lah, I'm going there to visit a friend only"

I don't take cab frequently, and when i do, i'll be painfully parting away a big portion of my miserable allowance. And with that in mind, I won't like to hear a story from an uncle with an oversized ego or express my opinion on politics.... but i have to admit, it's amusing sometimes...

On the otherhand, i don't mind normal common folks conversation... like where is the best place to eat, how come the weather so hot....blah blah blah...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home