Sunday, March 13, 2005

a little on uni life

Just got one load off my shoulder...

Hall play was a great success!! Though i was doing an insignificant job as a spotlight technician, I felt like tearing as the play ended. It concluded the end of 9mths hard work (out of which i'm only involved in the last few days...) of everyone... everyone was cheering, audience, cast, crews, director, stage managers, musicians... i din think i'm in their team at first (i was merely there to earn 10 points), but i 'm glad that i'm involved... it's quite an experience.

Somebody said it's like giving birth... 9 mths of hard work, and one night of climax... "ALL OF YOU PUSH HARD TONIGHT ALRIGHT!" haha. I don't share the magnitude of that sentiment though, cos i've only joined production a couple of weeks ago when they found they needed somebody to do the spotlight. The end of the play actuaklly felt the same like ORDing for many of them.

still... good that it's over, cos studying has to be done soon or else i can't revise for exams.

Asked danny if he's sian with uni, he said he felt "helpless"... apt.

Every sem, we have to finish at least 4 or 5 textbooks.

And we have to be active in hall to make sure we'll have a place next year.

And imagine if we decide to join another cca of interest....

f@*king busy

Everyone is.... and if they can do it, I must do better!

Uni life is unlike all other experiences in the past... the kind that u're tied with heaps of work, can't possibly extricate urself from any, and yet u don't look forward to a break. Everyday new adventures await... everyday u meet new ppl... sometimes circumstances push u around, and u gotta react fast... sometimes u feel helpless over ur own fate

I've totally lost touch with the life i used to have...

miss the weekends... miss the talk cock sessions... miss going for movies... miss playing bball... miss my own bed, everytime i sleep on it, the scent i pick doesn't smell like mine, i suspect my father or brother has been sleeping on it.

i think i lack good kahkees.... those i can KB sq with. I lack somebody to give me directions... (but maybe it's good that i decide most of the things myself to be independent). Maybe i need a gf as well... who will jio me to the library and motivate me to study, and listen to me grumbling.

Till then... i have Mariah carey's through the rain to be my source of inspiration

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again
On my own
and I knowThat I’m strong enough to mend
And every time I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain

sidenote... it has not been raining... which is good for my laundry... but bad for taking afternoon naps.