Wednesday, March 23, 2005

don't know what to put as title

Feel like pouring my hearts content

As i walked the school at night, the cool air greeted my face, my hands and legs, parts that faced the atmosphere barely and bravely. It has been a long time since i last walked the school at this hour alone (or have i ever?) and i can't possibly describe how refreshing it was. The thought of being alone in such abundances of space, the whole world seemed to have emptied all its occupants tonight just for me. All except the trees, the bugs, and the dim streetlights.

The trees seemed bigger than usual, their presence was overwhelming. As i took small strides toward a destination that was undecided, the trees communicated to my mood directly. Sometimes swaying their branches to dance with the gentle breezes, sometimes staying still to show their sturdiness.

I reached the lake and felt relieved momentarily. The water body has this calm and comforting presence about it. The bugs made their clucking sounds steadily as if they were singing a song. I listened for a while. Suddenly, i felt puzzled. What was I seeking relief from?

The lake answered directly to my heart. It spoke in a manner that the ears could not detect. It used no word, and yet i understood just by watching it from the fence that i leaned on.

I was troubled by nothing that I can describe in words, even as i understand what it is now. That was why i seeked the refuge of my time alone rather than pouring it out to a friend, because there are not many friends who can understand me without verbal communication.

The lake, on the other hand, granted me the magic power to sort out my thoughts and feelings on my own.