Monday, June 27, 2005

On a particular bad day.....

I returned home after a bad night of work. Tired and hungry, I sank into the armchair in my living room. My mum placed my plate of toast on the bolded words of an outdated issue of chinese newspapers that reads: Body Parts found along kallang river. I showed an expression of disgust, and my father gave a little laugh.

"Normally it's the honest people who do this kind of thing." My dad offered, thinking that I would want to discuss murder cases over breakfast.

"How you know this guy honest??? Just because he's bespectacled and bald?" I argued, pointing to a photograph on another issue.

"Honest people don't know how to handle such situations, " my father continued as he ignored my point. " hence, they tend to do the extremes."

I munched on my toast when my dad decided to explain the details. "This kind of people got a nervous nature. They kill on impulse and after that, they mutilate the body. Better than leaving it at home. I wonder why he didn't cut away the fingers."

"I wonder what's on TV in the morning," I pressed the remote control and turned to the TV.

"Police are now looking for the feet of the victim in the Kallang river case," the chinese broadcaster annonunced "it is believed to be disposed on land."

"uh-huh" I mumbled, still struggling on my toast. The news had incited my father to do more discussion. "maybe he dumped them in a dustbin, the cleaners won't notice something of that size."

I finally gave up on my breakfast. "Ma.... too many leh, cannot finish... i go sleep le."